WP5 addresses the following objectives in the wake of the scenarios studied in WP1:
- to develop and validate a focused set of simulation models of PE devices for PQ studies in line with the scenarios studied in WP1, which allows evaluating their influence on PQ in transmission networks;
- to identify critical PQ disturbances in order to numerically study their propagation through transmission networks in line with the retained WP1 scenarios (different levels of PE penetration and different network operating conditions)
- to examine how far the use of PMUs can assist in the mapping of PQ issues, including the implementation of realtime data retrieval;
- to analyse the impacts of PQ disturbances on the performance of PE devices;
- to combine the above findings into a methodology and numerical models which can be used by TSOs to assess PQ
- issues in future power systems experiencing WP1-like scenarios and to propose appropriate, cost-effective mitigating solutions to reach a required level of PQ.